Sibylline Podcast – Korean Peninsula - Whilst Tensions Remain Low Long Term Uncertainty Over Denuclearisation Persists
Despite the positive post-summit atmosphere on the Korean Peninsula, there are ongoing uncertainties with regard to the prospects for denuclearisation. Relations are likely to cool should the Trump-Kim summit fail to produce concrete results. We consider the implications for regional security, along with other potential flashpoints in the Asia Pacific.
Key points include:
• The reasons behind Kim Jong-un’s apparent volte face
• China’s role in the current détente and upcoming negotiations
• The most likely outcome of the US-North Korea summit
• How the North Korean situation will impact regional security going forward
• How maritime tensions in the South China Sea, Abe’s desire to remilitarise Japan and the China/Taiwan situation may also impact Asia Pacific security
We hope you enjoy the podcast and welcome questions and feedback. Please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be developing our podcasts over the coming months, with an emphasis on delivering greater value for security professionals. We look forward to sharing with you the evolution of this product and welcome feedback and comments. If you would like us to address a particular topic please do let us know.