Sibylline Podcast - North Korea - Re-Escalation Of Tensions Suggests Long-Term Regional Security Threat Likely To Persist
Tensions have risen again on the Korean Peninsula, threatening the recent rapprochement and culminating in the potential cancellation of the Kim-Trump summit. We evaluate the current situation, exploring the reasons behind the deterioration of relations, as well as the broader implications.
Key points include:
• Understanding Trump’s decision to cancel the summit.
• Considering whether or not the summit is still likely to take place.
• The implications of cooling relations for the regional security environment.
• The consequences of the current situation for the North Korean regime.
• The significance of the rising tensions for Sino-US relations.
• The likely trajectory of North Korean behaviour going forward.
We hope you enjoy the podcast and welcome questions and feedback. Please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be developing our podcasts over the coming months, with an emphasis on delivering greater value for security professionals. We look forward to sharing with you the evolution of this product and welcome feedback and comments. If you would like us to address a particular topic please do let us know.